In a Nut Shell
Well-preserved remains of a fortress from the Crusader period, on which other Ottoman buildings were built. The fort is surrounded by a fantastic grove of Western Galilee and overlooks the expanses of the Upper Galilee. The strategic advantage of the fortress can be easily seen, and explain what a critical defence it used to be – at various times, including the days when the state of Israel was established.
What can you do here?
- Tour the rooms, the halls, and towers of the fortress.
- View the magnificent landscape of the Western Galilee.
- Visit the positions of the fighters of the War of Independence.
- Watch a film showing the history of Yehiam Fortress.
- Nightly tours (by appointment).
- The Renaissance Festival during the Sukkot holiday
(Plays, concerts, galleries of ancient art and workshops).
- Picnic Grove.
Distance from CASA Hotel – About 25 minutes.