In a Nut Shell
An ancient city whose glorious history dates back to the 15th century BCE, through the Hellenistic and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, the Crusader period, the Mamluks, the Ottoman Empire, the British Mandate and even today. Each period left its mark on walls and towers, ports, colorful markets and restaurants, synagogues and churches, mosques and more. Ancient stone alleys and new shops, with a variety of colors and smells are all mixed together in old Acre, blending in the atmosphere of the sea.
What can you do here?
- Walk on the walls of the old city, between towers and within ancient alleys.
- Walk under the walls, in secret Templar tunnels.
- Access to plenty of museums and art galleries.
- Walk around the market stalls located between the ancient alleys and arches.
- Enjoy the Acco Festival for Alternative Theater, which takes place on Sukkot every year.
- Watch the spectacular Mediterranean Sea overlooking Haifa Bay.
- Sit in one of the many restaurants, cafes and ice cream shops.
Distance from CASA Hotel – About twenty minutes.